Saturday, September 19, 2015

Luke 17:6 "He replied, 'If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.'"

Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for." And the famous "Chapter of Faith" continues with example after example of one human after another simply taking God at his word and the Lord doing mighty things because of their steadfast belief that God is who he says he is, and that he will do what he said he will do. Moses "persevered because he saw him who is invisible." The walls of Jericho fell because of a simple trust and obedience in God's battle plan. In faith, Abraham submitted to the Lord's command in sacrificing his only son Isaac, knowing that the Lord would keep his promise.

Faith will produce a response. If I am confident in what I hope for and certain of what I do not see I will stand on limbs that I otherwise would not care to stand on of i was not certain of him who will catch me.

I have this picture of myself walking with the Lord. He wants to carry me. I lean on him a little, my arm is over his shoulder, but I struggle along still with my own two feet on the ground. I don't allow him to carry my full weight and still depend on my own strength. It is not easy walking this way. I am treating him like he is weak! I must fling myself in his stable and strongly arms, confident that he will catch me. There I must rest, close to him and completly safe and he will carry me. Psalms 62:11-12 says, "One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving..." He is strong, He is loving, I can trust him.

His promises and character are sure. The man whose son was tormented by an evil spirit implored Jesus saying, "...if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." Jesus responded, "'If you can'? Everything is possible for him who beleives." And the man exclaimed, "I do beleive; help me overcome my unbeleif!" I take comfort that the Lord still helped the son of this father who I can greatly relate to. Of course Jesus can do the things that I ask of him, why then do I ask him in doubt. Everything is possible for him who puts his trust in the character and word of God. My application is to read Romans 8 and write the promises that i can cling to in faith as a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment