Saturday, September 12, 2015

Acts 2:46-47 "Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."
They met together in public, they met together in private. They ate together, their hearts were one in sincerity m gladness, praising God. This verse shows how daily they were intentional in their devotion to the fellowship. They meet daily to seek the Lord together and edify each other. Even simple things such as breaking bread were done together. Even their attitude was unified as they gave glory and praise to God from zoner hearts. The power of community is evident in their lives.

The community holds power in accountability. Isolation from the body is an easy place to hide sin and let it dwell. When I am struggling with something, the enemy can really use that to isolate me from the body, to have me withdraw in shame and to feel like nobody will understand what I am going through.

The community holds power in spurring one another on. I need to be constantly reminded of my purpose, or else I forget, I get distracted, I loose zeal. That is why the community of beleivers is so important. That is why as beleivers, we must continually come together for edification, to make sure everyone is on the same page. There is accountability in the body. Seeing others who live out what they beleive, inspire me to do the same.

The community holds power in likemindedness. As they continually met together they were of one heart, glad and sincere. Together they praised God. Attitude is contagious.

Finally, the power of community was seen from the outside and many came to know Christ. In John 17, Jesus prays for the beleivers and says, "May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

Often I go throughout my daily life, forgetting the power of the community of beleivers I am surrounded with. Since we have the same purpose we must learn to work together to accomplish those purposes. Why do I focus to much on the differances I have with fellow beleivers rather than the common goal and purpose? Here I am surrounded by an awesome community of beleivers. I desire to take advantage of that more, by being more open about my struggles and looking for ways to "spur one another on toward love and good deeds." (Hebrews 10:24) I want to ask my teammates for ways I can pray for them and faithfully lift them up in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment