Friday, August 21, 2015

John 14:19 "Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live."
Christ lives. He died, but he has defeated death and now he lives. Because of this, he has given me power also to live to live a new life.

"If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly be united with him in his resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin may be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--- because anyone who died has been free from sin." (Romans 6:5-7)

"For if, by the trespass of one man [Adam], death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17)

The power of the resurrection to live a new life exceeds the power of sin and death that once reigned over me. Because Christ lives, I also can live through sharing in his death. The battle of sin can be won. It is to easy to live like it's not true. To easy to give up battling the flesh and think, 'it can't be won,' then succumb, living in defeat. For too long, I have not claimed the power that is mine to live a victorious life. Because of the resurrection, I do not have to live in the shackles of slavery anymore.

This is the power we have: "I pray also that the eyes of your heart my be enlightened in order that you may know...his incomparably great power for us who beleive. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come." (Ephesians 1:18-21)

This same power is mine, the same power that raised Christ from the dead. In sharing with his death, I also can live. I must not succumb to sin in defeat, believing that there is not victory. Although it will be painful and hard, there is victory. "He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight." (Ephesians 1:4) This is a difficult task to accomplish on my own, in fact it is impossible. But he has called me go it and has not left me without the power to live in victory over sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment