Friday, October 2, 2015

Matthew 6:4 "so that your giving may be in secret. Then your heavenly Father who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

My Father will reward me. It will not be other man. When I look for man's approval, or broadcast what I've done, it's like acting like the Lord's opinion or waiting for the Lord's heavenly reward are not worth it.

The confirmation of the Lord, the Lord approving me. I must change my hunger and desire for man's approval, desire to please people, into a hunger and desire for the Lord to confirm  me. He is my reward. Why is it difficult to do this? I do try to please God, but I am realizing that often it is more of a desire to appease God. When I see myself so sinful, I try hard to put it right before him because I know that he doesn't like sin. But often I lack that simple desire to please him just because of the grace he has given to me. I suppose it all goes back to living in grace. I do not need to try to appease God, Christ has already done this for me. And it is because of grace that he has because I have absolutely no thing in me that could in any way appease for any of my sin, only in claiming the blood of Christ, can I be set right before God.

The character of the Lord is loving or else he would not have provided the appeasement for sin and he is the giver of grace because he knows we are weak. I do not have to try to appease God, this is what Christ has done, all that is for me to do is live in his grace, my desire to please him extending from the realization of his grace.

"...The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gain through the law, Christ died for nothing!" (Galatians 2:20-20)

Like Paul, I too do not wish to set aside the grace of God and enslave myself to the letter of the law. He has been so faithful in revealing his grace to me, and I will continue in my prayer for fresh realizations of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment