Saturday, January 23, 2016

Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."

It is crazy to think that right now, I am closer to the day when I am to leave this country than I am from the day I arrived. Has it been hard? Yes it has. But is it worth it? Absolutly. Yet, I'm not finished. As easy as it might be to slack off, to check out a little early, I must stay rooted in the fact that it will be worth it for those who do not give up.

Planting seeds requires persistance. The thing about planting seeds is that it is investing in the unseen and the future. It's not about the moments comfort and glory at all. It's not all about the visible and the tangible. I need this faith in the unseen, this hope for the future.

And it's easy to become weary. After constantly giving and pouring out, we need to be refreshed ourselves, we need new vision. We need a constant filling of the Spirit. "God I'm weary," I say. But his gentle reminder, "Do not become weary in doing good, for in due season you will reap, if you do not give up."

While rest is needed, it is easy for me to idolize free time. I get a little protective when it is in short supply. Sometimes I live for it. But people are what really matter, people are what count, they are what last. And God is able to provide his rest for those who are empty and tired.

"...whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully." (2 Corinthians 9:6)

"He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness." (2 Corinthians 9:10)

The harvest is promised to the diligent, to those who decide there is more to invest in than the here and now, more to invest in than the seen. There will be a harvest for those who do not give up. I do not want to give up.

"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)

No comments:

Post a Comment